quinta-feira, outubro 26, 2017

O inferno é um pub irlandês.

"Christopher Moltisanti: I'm going to hell, T.
Anthony 'Tony' Soprano Sr.: You're not going anywheres but home.
Christopher Moltisanti: I crossed over to the other side.
Anthony 'Tony' Soprano Sr.: You what?
Christopher Moltisanti: I saw the tunnel. And the white light. I saw my father in hell.
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Get the fuck outta here!
Christopher Moltisanti: And the bouncer said that I'd be there, too, when my time comes.
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: What bouncer?
Christopher Moltisanti: The Emerald Piper. That's our hell. It's an Irish bar where it's St. Patrick's Day every day forever."

"Anthony 'Tony' Soprano Sr.: Excuse me, let me tell you something... When America opened up the floodgates and let all us Italians in, what do you think they were doing it for? 'Cause they were trying to save us from poverty? No, they did it because they needed us. They needed us to build their cities and dig their subways, and to make them richer. The Carnegies and The Rockerfellers: they needed worker bees and there we were. But some of us didn't want to swarm around their hive and lose who we were. We wanted to stay Italian and preserve the things that meant something to us: honor and family and loyalty... and some of us wanted a piece of the action. Now we weren't educated like the Americans, but we had the BALLS to take what we wanted! And those other folks, those other... the, the JP Morgans, they were crooks and killers too, but that was the business right? The American Way."

Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: That bouncer that sent you back, did he have horns on his head? 
Christopher Moltisanti: No. He was just some big irish goon in old fashioned clothes.
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Did anybody there have horns or buds for horns, those goat bumps? 
Christopher Moltisanti: Paulie, it was fucking hell, okay? My father said he looses every hand of cards he plays. And every night at midnight they whack him the same way he was whacked in life and it's painful, night after night. Does that sound like fucking heaven to you? 
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Was it hot? 
Christopher Moltisanti: Yeah... i don't know.
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: What the fuck? The heat would've been the first thing you noticed. Hell is hot. That's never been disputed by anybody. You didn't go to hell. You went to purgatory, my friend.
Christopher Moltisanti: I forgot all about purgatory.
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Purgatory, a little detour on the way to paradise.
Christopher Moltisanti: How long you think we gotta stay there? 
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: That's different for everybody. You add up all your mortal sins, multiply that number by 50, then you add up all your venial sins and multiply that by 25. You add them together, and that's your sentence. I figure i'm gonna have to do about 6, 000 years before i get accepted into heaven. And 6, 000 years is nothing in eternity terms."

"Priest: It's divination, it's the devil. They're completely unsanctioned by the church. Psychics are heretics and thieves who practice witchcraft. There's no validity to anything he told you. Your problem's a spiritual matter.
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: Maybe. But irregardless, i should've had immunity to all of this shit. I should've been covered by my donations. When the organ needed a reed job who was there? When the priest and the alter boys needed new whites, who picked up the tab? 
Priest: You should've come to me first and none of this would've happened. But don't worry, Paul, i'm here. I can help you.
Paulie 'Walnuts' Gualtieri: It's too late. You've been slacking off on me and you left me unprotected. I'm cutting you off for good. You ain't never gonna see another dime from me."

Nenhum comentário: